1. Circulation Section
2. Acquisition Section
3. Technical Section
4. Reference Section
5. INFONET & Digital Library
6. Periodical Section
7. Journal Section
8. Manuscript Section
9. Newspaper Reading Room
11.Maintenance Section (Stack Room)
- Performs the job of issue and return of documents, renewal of loan period, fine collection for delayed return of books and membership management functions.
- Deals with the procurement of books and other documents other than serials.
- This section responsible for the technical process of the documents like Classification, Cataloguing, Assigning of Subject Headings and Key words.
- The following Standards are used for the works performed in the Section:
Cataloguing: AACR II (with slight modifications)
Classification: Dewey Decimal Scheme of Classification
- This section arranges and maintains the documents in the classified sequence and provides facilities for referring the documents within the section.
- Answering reference queries
- This section maintains a good collection of reference sources that includes Encyclopedias, Handbooks, Dictionaries, Reports, Theses, Dissertations, maps etc.
INFONET & DIGITAL LIBRARY:
- Takes initiatives to reach the services provided by the INFLIBNET Programme of UGC to the academic community of the University.
- Training in Accessing E-Resources
- This section is a reference section for periodicals.
- This section is a reference section for Journals.
- Journals relating to Social Science and languages are available for reference.
- Bound Volumes or Back Volumes of the Journals are also available in this Section.
- Library has a good collection of manuscripts. Users can study the manuscripts with special permission from the Librarian.
NEWSPAPER READING ROOM
- Library subscribes to 20 newspapers in 3 languages of both regional and national, which users can read in the reading room.
THESIS & DISSERTATION SECTION
- Ph.D and MPhil thesis submitted by Research Scholars are available for reference in this section.
- The Library provides photocopying facilities allowed within the copyright rules. An amount of 50 paise per page is charged for the facility.